While we may think the expression “snug as a bug in a rug” can be cute, when that ‘bug’ in your condominium carpet is coronavirus, a.k.a. COVID-19, it’s a whole different matter.
COVID-19 has quickly become public enemy number one because of its insidious nature; its ability to lurk for hours on surfaces – including your carpets – and its penchant for making people sick – really, really sick.
COVID-19 virus can live in your carpets for several hours
Since the global pandemic arrived, our certified carpet cleaning technicians get asked all the time about how long COVID-19 survives in carpets. While we are no healthcare experts, we do know that carpet and fabric fibres are considered a porous substance and that researchers from The National Institutes of Health suggest the virus can live on these types of surfaces for several hours.
As a respiratory disease, COVID-19 spreads through water droplets that can travel several feet in the air – not exactly reassuring for people living in condominiums or apartments where HVAC systems circulate air throughout the building. Thankfully, most modern buildings include HEPA filters and other air cleaning systems to clear out air-borne micro-organisms.
As many as 200,000 bacteria in every inch of your carpet
And it’s not just COVID-19 you need to worry about. Here’s a cringe-worthy fact: an average indoor carpet can hold as many as 200,000 bacteria per square inch according to research published in 2001. The fibrous texture of carpets acts as a natural filter for the air in your building, trapping dirt, dust and germs. Depending on the age of your condominium and how it was built, your home may be a magnet for outside pollutants, allergens and dust-mites that invade through poor air circulation
Beyond the measures you can take to protect yourself – like wearing masks, social distancing, avoiding unnecessary contact, and frequent hand washing – keeping your condo clean and disinfected can make a real difference. And that includes your carpets, area rugs, upholstery, curtains and blinds.
Regular carpet cleaning is your best line of defense
While day to day cleaning and spot treatment can get rid of germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces, it doesn’t actually kill the germs. Although it does lower their numbers and reduces the risk of spreading infection. That’s where professional carpet cleaning and disinfecting can help. To disinfect carpets, we use Health Canada approved chemicals that kill germs in your condo carpets. By killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
So, while daily cleaning can keep bugs at bay in your carpets, nothing does the job quite as well as the specialized machines, techniques and cleaning solutions offered by a professional carpet cleaning service. Our expert carpet cleaning service for condominiums and residences attacks dirt and grime deep in the fibres of your carpets and rugs – throughout your beautiful home: in bedrooms, living rooms, studies, home offices, dining rooms, hallways, up and down stairs and more.
Waging war on bacteria, viruses, allergens and other nasty things
Toronto Carpet Cleaning wages war on those pesky invisible organisms, unsightly pet stains, ground-in grime, allergens and other nasty spots that can lead to unpleasant odors – so that you’re left with a fresh, clean condominium that will impress your guests. Here’s how we do it:
- Wearing masks and gloves, our expert team will arrive with our portable steam cleaning or hot-water extraction equipment that can easily hook up to a variety of water sources. The system includes an impressive truck mounted unit capable of reaching up hundreds of feet to your condo floor.
- The system forces hot water and non-toxic cleaning solutions into the carpet, lifting the soil and grime; all of which is then powerfully suctioned out, leaving carpets sparkling and clean.
- We only use quality, non-toxic, eco-friendly cleaning products, disinfectants and deodorizers that are approved by Health Canada to kill bacteria and keep your carpets as safe as possible for you and your loved ones.
- We know life gets hectic, so we offer a flexible schedule for your convenience.
- For quicker results, we offer our fast-drying method and low moisture cleaning which dries within 30 minutes.
- We apply the highest industry standards and use best and safest products available and are certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification.
- Our company complies with manufacturer’s recommendations so that your carpet’s warranty is not voided and it remains protected.
- Our highly trained and expert teams specialize in caring for and brightening up your condominium and residential carpets, area rugs, upholstery and drapes.
- We stay on top of the latest and greatest innovation in carpet cleaning products and equipment on the market.
And finally, we recommend regular steam cleaning to keep germs and allergens like viruses, bacteria and pet dander away and your family healthy, safe and “snug as a bug in a rug”.
Learn more about the benefits of carpet cleaning and realize how important it is for the maintenance of not only your home but also your condo.
The expression: “Snug as a bug in a rug”, was first recorded in 1769 and was thought to allude to a moth larva happily feeding inside a rolled-up carpet. Moth larvae are another reason it is so important to regularly steam clean your condo carpets.